Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

A New Advent Tradition

Since my boys were babies, I've been thinking about Advent calendars. I wanted something unique, something fun, and something that would become a tradition. This year, thanks to a friend, I've found it. (Here's the post.)

CHRISTMAS BOOKS!


24, to be exact. Wrapped and piled under the tree, to be opened with delight each day of Advent. Complete with snuggle time and kisses (real and Hershey's). I don't know who is more excited: me or my kids!

If I can keep up, I will post the daily reveal here on my blog. There is quite a variety. Some are silly, some are classics. Some share the biblical Christmas Story. Others are heartwarming, or even tear-jerking (at least for me, if not my 4 1/2 and 3 year olds.)

What are you passionate about? What are your kids interests? Perhaps you can find a way to weave those things into a new family tradition for you. During Advent, or anytime of year!

Enjoy!

December 1 -
10 Trim-the-Tree'ers: A Holiday Counting Book
by Janet Schulman
illustrated by Linda Davick
This lively, rhyming concept book follows ten children as they decorate the tree in the lobby of their apartment building. The boys had fun finding and counting the ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment